I don’t know about you other ladies who webcam for a living, but for me I have found the following features to be VERY important when relying on webcamming for employment. I have compiled a list of the things I feel cam sites lack or need to implement for performers to maximize the functionality of their sites.
1. An embeddable chat room. Whether putting this on a blog, website or members area – it not only drives traffic to your website but also allows the performer to connect with their fans directly. Let’s face it, men are VISUALLY enticed and are more inclined to enter a live chat room then a text link. What is going to grab their attention more? Knowing that their favorite performer is live!
2. Making the feature of the embeddable chat room available for members. One thing I REALLY like about Cam4 is the option to set a password and allow those who have the password the opportunity to enter into the chat room without having to pay. <Further details and instructions available via email@example.com>
3. Allowing a SHARE this feature for model profiles. When a model logs into her profile and is promoting her page for shows, having the option of tweeting their profile would simplify this process. It drives traffic to your website and can also be set up to include your social media in the sharing message. This also serves as a way to improve your social media audience. I would also recommend including an option to have a “share this on our social media” feature. Performers LOVE to be retweeted from your social media. Streamate is VERY good about retweeting models who tweet them with their handle. Cam4 offers the SHARE option from profiles.
4. Many websites are now offering the video sale feature which is awesome for increasing sales for models, as well as giving the models a way to connect with their fans on a more personal level. This is more a personal insight.
5. Having an option to remain in private is a VERY important function. Most performers get burned out when sitting in a FREE chat due to the insane requests to do things for free. Another insight.
If you are a cam company and interested in hearing more from recent studies and research from myself and fellow webcam performers, email firstname.lastname@example.org.